Well it has been a busy year work wise. This is good though, now I have money to put into my winter projects. I haven't been able to post much or track the forum as the job I was out on for the majority of the year had no internet. So let's get some updates going.

Guest House project is getting closer to completion every day. Have all the floor joists replaced and the sub-floor is in. Was working on siding but hanging T1-11 siding solo though with no place to hang a nail to hold the bottom is an operation for each sheet. So far the best strategy I have used is; snap a chalk line, nail a 2x4 above the line, then get some cargo/ratchet straps drape them over the 2x4 and secure them to the stud above. I can then get the piece of siding rest it into the bottom hooks of the straps moving it around till I like it. As you can imagine this takes a bit of time but all my friends are offshore right now and my neighbor is an older gentleman with a bad back(I already chop wood for him) so doubt he wants to hurt his back holding siding.

One of my ponds dried up during the summer drought that effected most of Louisiana, this was not a bad thing. Scavengers cleared out what little fish were in there and I was able to start to excavate some of the silt and muck out that had accumulated over the years. This led to many fun endeavors like getting my tractor stuck. The damp part in the bottom was lets just say around 2' or more deep of silt and muck. The tractor never did hit solid ground. I was able to cut down and remove stumps from trees that were surrounding the pond and also work the sides of it rather well. I have since bought a 2" trash pump as the rains have come back. But it came to late and the pond is about 1/2 full currently, I plan to pump it out soon but as of right now more and more rain is in the forecast. With having to go offshore this weekend possibly I saw it as pointless to even attempt de-watering it.

I have removed large amounts of floating aquatic vegetation(not sure if the species is supposed to float or not). It was a mat of plants about 1'-1.5' thick but had good water underneath for up to 3' in some areas. I will post a picture of the "drag" I invented not sure if it's a world first or not but it is effective. Just wish it was easier to deploy but hey can't have it all. If any one has idea's on improving the system after I post pictures please let the ideas fly.

I will try to get some pictures up later tonight after I take more so you all can see what I have gotten done and the drag system etc.

My pump house project has not come to pass this year as other projects took higher priority my brother and I did clear the site though of tree's so that is a step in the right direction. Aeration I think is what will benefit my ponds the most currently that and starting to control the nutrient load. I have a large amount of trees dropping leaves in the pond so I feel clearing those out and reducing the muck layer and aquatic vegetation will be the best bet for that.

Beaver's are still plaguing my property I can never seem to catch even a glimpse of them when I have my rifle but I believe I found their nest/burrow/hive. Whatever it is called that a beaver retreats to.