Planted a couple different varieties of Rush around the main pond. Hope they are good kinds. Got them locally.

The first three pictures are what I believe to be a variety of Spike Rush but would not swear to it. Just planted about eight spots around the main pond about a week ago. Will see if they take hold. The pictures are from a stand that came in naturally from my old refurbished pond. It appears to have some seed and is only about 4" tall.

The last two pictures are of what I believe may be Soft Rush but there are supposed to be hundreds of variety of rush's so who knows???? I have 4 spots around the main pond where it was planted early this summer and it appears to have taken hold just fine.

Also planted what we call Arrowhead although the shape of the arrow head is nothing like in the pictures at Tamu. Really wanted it to get going. Wife has been raising it in the concrete pond with success. Grows in local seasonal creeks well. But right after planting it we got rain that brought water up enough so that (I assume) my two grass carp made short order of my plantings and grubbed them off at ground level. So no go on it. Did get a bunch of seed from wifes plants and scattered around pond so maybe next year. This is what Tamu has for Arrowhead Arrowhead - Bulls tongue but ours has a different shape arrowhead. Or maybe it is something else, but have not found a picture that matches.

Have some rush's starting on their own (birds brought in maybe???) in the sediment pond. Not sure of variety.

Attached Images
IMGA1616.JPG IMGA1617.JPG IMGA1618.JPG IMGA1619.JPG IMGA1620.JPG

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine