Originally Posted By: Mike Berry
Seems like good idea. No fish. Do I just dump the hydrated lime from a boat? With gloves, goggles is it safe?

Mike

Well depends on what your thoughts are on safe? Is is not good to get it in your eyes at all. It will burn. If you get it on your skin then get it wet it will burn your tender skin. You will know where all your cuts and hang nails are. It will dry your skin out as well with out gloves.

Really not good to breath it in at all. It will make you cough instantly and can burn your lungs.

So mask, goggles, and glove are a good idea. In my pond I just scoop two pounds once in a while on top of the water fall and it works its way into the pond water.

In your case I would get a big garbage pail put a bag in the bottom of it. Fill with pond water stir it up. Then pail the solution into the pond with 5 gallon buckets. Do this in a few spots around the pond. Then if you have a boat mix the pond up with the boat motor for a bit.

Basically you want to mix it in the best you can with as much of the water you can. It can be allot of work.

Cheers Don.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.