Originally Posted By: Bill D.
For those following along on my little Mutt Pond thread....

In a month or so I will be stocking:

20 CC 6 to 8 inch - to replace those harvested this year
25 YP 5 to 7 inch - to ladder stock last years 50 YP

Newcomer to Mutt Pond:

10 WE 6 to 8 inch - want to get them in at this size while I still can without worrying (too much) about predation. Bigger WE are a lot more expensive

Picked the fish up today and, after acclimating, dropped them in. I am happy to report zero mortality as of this evening. I can happily report I have now stocked the pond on three different occasions and, to my knowledge, have not lost a fish. Wish I could take all the credit but I suspect 90% of the success is do to the very healthy fish and careful handling by the folks at Keystone.

BTW I screwed up and only ordered 10 CC instead of 20. May be a good thing. If I think I need more I just will make a quick run to Keystone for more in the spring.

Edit: I need to find something to stock every fall. Beautiful 45 minute drive for me to Keystone and the folks there are awesome. I actually thought my bride was going to jump in one of their trout ponds to grab one!

Thanks to Robert for backing me up when I told her they would not live thru one of our summers! smile

Last edited by Bill D.; 10/22/15 07:34 PM.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!