Yep...here are some more updated pics..

After the rain, some grass grew in but the turbidity of the water was bad...without grass the water was coffee brown...my kids wouldn't get in it...so decided to do some water dye...
Kids actually swim in it now...

As for the forage plan I currently have:
Stocked some BG and TFS early in the spring..and watched the bluegill spawn all summer...We also have a ton of crawfish naturally and Gambusia Minnows
No grass yet for the shrimp or snails...anyone have any recommendation on aquatic plants to plant?

We did have a major rain event...the whole pond flooded...I realize I am going to have to build up the banks in the back of the pond to do some flood control..I'd hate to lose my fish or gain new ones every time it floods..

I have already found that to be the case...I have found 1 largemouth, I have a school of baby catfish about 200-300 swarming the pond...not sure what type..(I hope it's not bullhead)... and I have green sunfish now...ughh...
None of the three did I stock, ha... oh well the joys of floodwater.. So I must have a momma catfish in there if there are a ton of babies...at some point gotta go fish them out but at this point I think they are here to stay...

But so far so good...

Also Phase 2 (bigger pond) is around the corner if the weather cooperates... I'll keep you guys updated as it's happening...very exciting..

Last edited by 3z3k3l; 10/21/15 03:12 PM.