Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1

Read a Gordon Lightfoot interview once. He believed fall is a "mystical" time of year.

Thanks for sharing that Cecil. A lot of the young folks probably won't know who that is but he has always been one of my favorites. I agree with him 100%. Fall is magical to me and goes by way too fast.

I guess my favorite fall experience is one evening driving home, smell of wood smoke in the air, maple leaves had their fall colors, gray sky and the first snow flakes of the year just starting to fall....

It's a shame if they don't know who he is. I just read about him again on Wiki to see what he's up to. He's still going strong at almost 80 I believe! He works out in a gym 6 days a week!

Yeah I love autumn too but it always seems to short. I have fond memories of fishing for brook trout in small gin clear glacial lake in Massachusetts, in the fall, back in the late 60s and early 70's. They were stocker holdovers, but at times there were about 100 of them following the shoreline of the lake until they found the spring upwelling to spawn on. Colors of the fish and the trees were phenomenal. Nothing like the colors of a New England fall. I don't care what anyone says. Nowhere compares. I've heard people brag about southern Indiana. I was there in Bloomington, I.U. and it's laughable compared to New England.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 10/14/15 08:39 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.