After 5 days of struggling my filter is ready to go guys smile . It has been running for 3 days indeed.

Here we go...

I bought my barrel and went to pool equipment place. The guy knew someone i knew. Otherwise they wouldn't waste 1 minute of their life to help me build the filter smile .

Conventional filter system...

Layers of the filter:

This grill is a part of a fish cage. I used it , so layers would not clog the outlet.

Ceramic rings. Very popular for biological filtration here. I used that mesh we use to keep our potatoes and onions. By the way i know i don't have enough of some materials but i will buy more soon.

When i started pumping the water in the filter , everything started coming up, floating. Oh, it was a nightmare. So i had to find something to put on the layers to keep them down and so i welded some constructional iron. Worked perfect !

I was gonna use a conventional pool filter but then Cecil told me , it wouldn't stand fish waste. So i bought this pump you will see in the video. It is small but god it is verrrrry powerful.

By the way , in the beginning there was only 1 outlet pipe but it wasn't enough. Water spilled out. So i needed another pipe. This was verrry irritating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llFvtiVs394&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by Fatih; 10/12/15 02:30 PM.