OUCH!!! ...That made me hurt!

I've only cracked a few ribs when someone spilled oil (and didn't clean it up) on the fork truck and I slipped then landed left side, nice drop onto the steering wheel with full body weight. That was every bit of 6 weeks to recover from that. Rib's hurt something terrible when you crack them, don't want to know what it feels like when you break them.

I had to sleep on a partially deflated air mattress just so I could actually get some sleep. Luna slept in her bed at the side of mine. When I put the air mattress down, she would stretch during the night and well, those claws have a tendency to deflate air mattresses. After the second one, I went out and bought a couple of the largest and thickest comforters and wrapped the air mattress in that. Good to go until I could sleep in a regular bed again.

I feel for your cousin, and wish him the quickest, most complete and most painless recovery.

BTW, I'm looking at getting another lab soon. There is a lab breeder about 20 miles from here that I'm told is the go-to place, so I'll check it out.