Originally Posted By: sprkplug
I see we've pulled over the firetruck enroute to the house fire, just because it had a taillight out, yet again.

I also don't have a problem with medical professionals earning what they do. That's not to say that somewhere along the line things didn't go a little extreme, but like Dave said, "education isn't cheap". If you've spent exorbitant sums of money and many years of your life educating yourself in a particular field, and you go ahead into that field, then you deserve to see the fruits of your labor. That's how I believe it should be.

Where I have an issue, is with a system that places such an emphasis on an educational paper trail that it no longer matters where that trail originated, so long as it simply exists. Something's wrong there.

Actually, Dave said "ain't cheap"....

I love your couching of the firetruck scenario, it's funny. We are not discussing if the firetruck has a license though. We are discussing if the firetruck can even exist.

On Conservatives not wanting social security gone, HERE I AM! I want it gone!

I will not steal from my children and I sure as heck do not want other free loaders stealing from my children.

fdr got social security through by actually adding supreme court justices to the bench. It, fdr, couldn't get the supreme court justices on the bench to agree with it that social security was Constitutional. When ss passed it was probably the biggest single blow to the Constitution in US history. It opened the flood gates for all the other ponzi schemes the left has installed. The left knew full well that once imbedded into our fabric, these schemes could not easily be removed. You have people actually counting on these schemes to live now and they aren't going to be easily convince to give up the benefit that their stolen money paid for.

Just a note to the mods, please note when the politics of this thread exposed itself. I know we don't like politics here, never understood why people shy away from the natural act of arguing, but when someone espouses that universal healthcare is a good thing it cannot be left to stand as if that's "normal". It is not normal to steal the wealth of another man and give it those who will not take care of themselves.

I just got a new pond, I made it twice because I aint so bright.