Originally Posted By: JKB
....Got another bill in the mail for $180.00 from another doc that I have never seen in my life. She took it upon herself to evaluate my MRI and give her opinion.

Pretty much standard practice I think.

When I was in the hospital for one night a couple years back to have a plate screwed in my neck, the bill for the hospital portion of the stay was over $200k. That included charges from 4 doctors and a dietician I never saw. Apparently, if a doctor walks down the hall by your room, they can charge you? Good news is I had insurance and they had a negotiated rate for everything so the total $380k charge for the procedure and one night stay was reduced to $43K and my share was $1800. If I didn't have insurance, would the dietician be living in my house now?

Bottom line folks, IMHO the system is broken, lots of folks are getting rich and it ain't going to get better. My advice, if you can't really afford insurance, find a company willing to sell you a policy with a super high deductible at a low cost. At least you will only be paying the insurance negotiated rate instead of full price.

Last edited by Bill D.; 09/23/15 09:27 PM. Reason: Typo

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!