Btw Phil; it would be interesting to know if your doctor owns the MRI machine. If so he has an incentive to charge more. Sames goes with doctors that own the lab or are part owners of a lab that do blood testing etc.

And many people don't know that many oncology doctors share the profits in chemotherapy drugs. Kind of a conflict of interest don't you think?

Had an aunt that had an inoperable terminal brain tumor. 100 percent terminal. Guess what? The doctor convinced the gullible family to do the chemo. She died a miserable death with no dignity with nasty side effects from the chemo like a mouth full of thrush. One cold sore is enough. Can you imagine a mouth full? Karma is a bitch though. He got killed on his motorcycle just after she died.

I changed doctors because my doc was charging me close to $100.00 for a periodic blood test to monitor the effects of a cholestoreol drug I'm taking. Insurance covers 100 percent with my new doctor. What'd bet my last doctor has a financial interest in the lab?

Hey while I'm being cynical I'll throw this out: Most medical students go into the profession for the money they want to make. Definitely not altruism!

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.