And so it continues. Thought it was finally over, did not find a dead CC for several weeks, albeit all but one of the big boys had already croaked. Yesterday, I found him, floating in the pond, the last semi large fish left, maybe 12 pounds. He had been chewed up quite a bit in the mid section unlike the others which were mostly untouched. I think he was just in the water to long as he was very rough smelling and the turtles and little fish had been pecking away for some time I suspect.

So that is it, according to what I see each evening when they feed I slowly observed our entire population of large CC get completely wiped out, took maybe 6 weeks total, leaving all the mid sized fish ( and the very large GC ) in no apparent distress.

I still have not seen any of the classic signs of low oxygen, and if that was the problem, I would have though that losing so many large fish would have made things better.....I just wonder if their is a specific disease unique to CC that does not affect other species? But if so, why does it only kill the large fish?

Still very confused and clueless as to what to do, I now have a fairly large body of water with few fish in it, based on the 10 year history of this pond of having a LOT of fish eating a lot of food without ever having lost a fish that we could find, it should be a haven by this point, like having the pool all to yourself!

One question maybe someone can help me with, I know the well water we pump in ( and have been all 10 years since the pond does have a leak ) has basically no OZ, but does it gain any or help the existing water when it is shot out of a 1" PVC pipe and lands in the middle of the pond with lost of splashing?

Again, thanks to all!!