Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Update....

Finally got the 1000 yds or so of soil piles away from the pond and the rough grade is done. The black dirt I saved has been dropped in piles at appropriate locations for final grade work. Two inches of rain shut us down but hope to get back at it the end of this week. The 3 to 5 inch base stone is ordered for around the pond and the waterways. The erosion mat for the waterways is on site and ready to install.

Hopefully, I will be posting new pics soon showing a more complete pond and landscape! It has been two very very long years of staring at mountains of dirt and ugly landscape. Keep yer fingers crossed my friends! I would love to finally start getting some things to closure!!!!!!

Update,

Here are a few pics of what we did for erosion control. Finally, making some progress. smile We have the rip rap in the waterways where they access the pond (I think I got the idea from Snrub?). The rest of the waterways was seeded and covered with erosion mat. You can also see the rip rap we put around the shoreline on the northern half of the pond for erosion and habitat. There is heavy fabric under the stone in the waterways and on the shore. The remaining shoreline will be intermittent areas of native stone and marginal plants as that area does not see much erosion.

I let the pond go to low pool for the work. At full pool only a foot or so of the rip rap will show on the shore.

Attached Images
East Waterway 2.jpg West Waterway 1.jpg Shore Erosion control.jpg
Last edited by Bill D.; 11/14/19 03:34 PM.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!