Yes I farm and I did take out some of the dirt for my projects. But most of the basin was natural except what the contractor needed for the dam. The contractor would dig a hole taking the clay for the dam till he would hit a spring then move over and dig another. They wanted to make a smooth bottom and push in all roadways but I talked them into just leaving the bottom alone, they settled with just connecting all the holes so water could be drained out. With close to a 1/2 mile of timber being flooded that was not touched I hope some fish will be in the open water. As of right now all I catch is green sunfish and bullheads both I did not put in. I stocked bluegill, bass, redear sunfish, crappie and channel cats. Oh I forgot the first year I put in shrimp and minnows. I have caught some bluegill that I can't tell what they are, maybe a crossbreed or I have some other type of bluegill in my lake. I have not caught a red ear sunfish, will they bite on a jig? Well maybe I should start a new thread. Sorry for the rambling.

61 acre water shed lake. bass, channel cat, black crappie, wiper, walleye, redear sunfish, blue catfish and bluegill. To many bullhead and common carp
http://www.pondboss.com/news/videos/why-subscribe-to-pond-boss