Hey Kid,

I also have a 1 acre pond, Course mine was not new when I got it but your going about it the right way! If it were me I would wait till spring to put in the LMB. I know you want to get going, but trust me there will be plenty to eat for them in the spring!

Plus come winter in Kansas things are all going to slow down anyway as far as eating is concerned and breeding. So I would wait!

I would NOT stock 100 lmb in your pond! Most folks would say in a 1 acre pond you can handle about 50 pounds of predator fish maybe 100 if you have air and you feed. So figure that out.

If you want your bass to get to at least 2 pounds well there you go. 50 bass times 2 is 100. It won't take long for you to be pushing that limit!

Oh and then if they have a successful spawn then there you go now your got who knows how many bass!

This happened to me this last spring as I now have LMB from 8 inches to 18 inches.... one would think that's a good thing but in a 1 acre pond it can get you off balance in a hurry!! So at any rate I wouldn't go more then 50 lmb. That's just me though and I am no expert by any means but do have a little experience in 1 acre ponds with CNB , RES and LMB! smile

RC

Last edited by RC51; 09/02/15 07:43 AM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!