So since I put 3"+ CNBG in during June, I should not expect a spawn until Sept....

OK, that explains why I saw no BG in my sampling. I had seen some black fry awhile back and hoped they were BG....guess they were tilapia.

I understand the tilapia will die as it gets cooler and am lining up friends with small kids to come fish some out this fall. They were recommended to me because I did not have a forage base in the pond, and stocked all fish at once (at least that was my understanding). This is why I am asking if I will need to restock them next year. In short, once my BG start spawning will they be needed next year?

Couple reasons I ask...one is that they eat a lot of pellets when I feed, that I would rather the BG eat. Second is, I am thinking about setting something up in my shop if I need them next year,...and get some tilapia fingerlings out of the pond this fall and grow them in the shop and put them back in the pond next spring....if I need them. Probably more trouble then they will be worth....but a thought.

Sean