Tony, I've had pickups since 1967. They have always suited my life style better. But, being married with children, I have also had a common sense family car. Well, there have been a couple of motorcycles, both street bikes and dirt bikes, and dune buggies. I've also had 4 wheelers for the last 20 years.

The only real exception has been a bright red Corvette convertible that had been set up for racing. It was spooky fast and I don't remember the year model. I actually had to change the clutch because my ex Wife couldn't depress it. I bought it as an investment and, until the day I sold it, I never found a time that I wasn't re investing $ into it. The only fuel that it really appreciated was $$$$.

Well, come to think of it, there was an A Fuel dragster that we advertised as the worlds fastest Pontiac in the early 1960's. We used to do exhibition races in Texas and the Southeast USA. We were kids and Don Garlits used to bring us extra tires so we could run match races against him. Due to shoddy tracks of those days, those were mostly rigged deals and we flipped a coin to see who would win. And then were the girls that were racing fans.

Almost forgot the micro midget oval track days.

We once installed a drone airplane engine on a Cushman motor scooter. That thing blew parts everywhere when it came unwound in about 50 yards.

Thinking about it, I wonder how I lived to the age of 72.

All of those toys are now in my rear view mirror and now I'm just Grandpa and the Grandkids have no idea.

Editing: How did I get here from Tracy wanting to know about forage ponds? Must be Tony's fault.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 08/30/15 06:00 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP