Hello all. My small pond has BG, LMB, and TURTLES. The BG were put in by a neighbor who caught them from a farm pond (which was done whilst I was away, and I wish it had not been done...)

The bass I purchased and installed to predate on the copiously copulating BG. Put in only four, and of that I think two survived and are now decent size..probably 16". They got busy; lots more bass at this point, and the BG appear to be under control.

Here's the interesting part: I feed the fish and the turtles. BG love to eat, and they're entertaining. Only one of the large bass will eat. The other one, however, is nothing but a bully. He -I assume it's a he, could have it backward- shows up like clockwork, circles the feeding area obsessively, and literally attacks the "customers". I've seen him send BG and small pond sliders flying through the air. It's as if he does not want those fish/turtles to eat, yet he never eats a bite himself. Even chases off the "partner" bass that does eat.

Anyway, this is an every day deal, and has caused the BG to be very timid about eating. (This fish has earned the nickname "The Basshole".) It's curious behavior to observe, and I wonder why just this one bass is such a jerk.