I just finished application of Alum/Hydrated Lime on my pond (about 1/5 acre, 1 acre foot by my estimates) and it didn't seem to do much. I have a few hours to let it settle but I guess I'm fearing I need to do more and trying to come up with a plan.

I dumped on 200lbs of crystalized Alum on last night. This morning I added another 100lbs of the stuff. I'm now out of Alum. The guy I bought from talked me out of getting the extra 100lbs I wanted. I did no scientific calc to figure out how much I needed but everything I read seemed to indicate 200lbs was a decent starting point. All the Alum was sprayed relatively evenly over the pond with a garden hose.

I never reached a point where I saw clumps to be honest. I did see lots of cloudy semi clumping but I don't know that I reached a point of clumping.

What should my next step be? I can run down tomorrow evening and pick up more Alum. Should I be looking at other causes of cloudyness (the Alum guy mentioned catfish possibly being my issue). Should 300lbs have been enough to clear me up?

Thanks as always.