Let's say I decide to hire someone to mow my lawn. I schedule a meeting with a maintenance concern, and together we walk my property. I lay out how I want the lawn mowed, what height I want it cut, what days to cut it, and what areas to mow. They accept my terms, and we agree on a price. They are of course, insured and bonded.

During the course of their first visit one of their mowers, operated by one of their own employees, picks up a rock and hurls it through my neighbor's front picture window. Should the story in the newspaper read "Sprkplug breaks glass"??

Should I have been out there, monitoring their progress? Or do I trust in the fact that they are professionals, but acknowledge that accidents, do in fact happen? Does an accident always have to imply negligence on someone's part? Am I to blame for breaking that window? They were after all, mowing in the manner I outlined to them?

In my opinion I didn't break that window. Yes, they were working for me, and yes I told them where to mow. But I relied on them to take my directions and implement them in a safe manner. Do I need to follow their mowers around, calling out obstructions and hazards, or can I rely on my contractor to carry out the job professionally?

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.