Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Now that it's all over, the boss wants to see you. It seems the amusement park is having trouble with their newest ride, The Ipecac Express. They advertise it as going from 0-60 mph in 2.4 seconds, and some geek with an app on his cellphone claims it's actually taking 2.46 seconds. Can't have that, what with all the lawsuits claiming false advertising these days. Run on over there and check things out, will you? No, we don't yet have the specs on the top secret power source for the ride, but better grab a dosimeter just to be safe.

laugh laugh laugh

Yeah Spark, I checked it out. The big problem here is the guy who set up the wireless from the PLC to the Remote I/O didn't know anything about Fresnel Zones or LTE coexistence. Just because you can see the transmitter from the receiver doesn't mean you have line of sight. The structure is blocking about 40% of the elliptical Fresnel Zone and the guy picked 802.11n @ 2.4GHz bandwidth as well. Tsk tsk tsk. The geek really ain't a geek at all, just a guy with a 4G LTE cell phone. If he was a geek, he would know that his LTE could be stepping all over the communications and contributing to the problem. No doubt his app is dead accurate, but you combine the two, and that's why they are off a tad.

I quoted them wireless radios on a dedicated bandwidth that no one else in the world would have. Not effected by Fresnel Zones and coexist with LTE. They really didn't like the price tag at all. Just gonna have to live with it I guess.

These amusement park people can still advertise what they claim tho. It's essentially physics and mechanics as to how the rides will perform at any given moment/day.

wink