Ours also have been nice white meat.

We have been using the technique learned here on PBF (think it might have been Pat Williamson????) of dropping the CC in an ice chest filled with ice and water and leave them an hour or two before cleaning. Wife adds some salt to lower the temperature even more. The blood mostly goes out of the meat and into the organs as the fish tries to survive the cold. Really takes the blood out of the meat well and makes a simple way to kill the fish without it squirming around.

Wife got in a little hurry with one batch and only left in the ice water a short time. She did not like it near as well. Lot more blood to soak out of the meat after cleaning.

In the past I was never a big catfish fillet fan. What I had eaten in restaurants sometimes was a little greasy or just not nice white flaky meat that I like. My favorite all time fish is Long John Silvers Haddock. I like fish that don't taste fishy. Don't care much for oily fish like Salmon or Trout. I'll say that the CC we have raised in our pond is as good as any fish I have eaten.

Last edited by snrub; 08/09/15 10:59 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine