Some more catches out of the main 3 acre pond. Pictures of the first fish suck but the others are decent.

Fish one = 6 1/4", M gape 7/8", 9 dorsal spines, 3 anal spines. Hard to count the first gill raker because there appear to be bumps at one end that I'm not sure if I should count or now. Looks like about 9 of intermediate length. Could be as many as 11 if I count the bumps. Definitely not short and wide spaced like a RES.

Fish two = 8" with 1" Mouth Gape. 10 dorsal, 3 anal, 12 long gill raker

Fish 3 = 8.5" with 1 1/16 M gape, 9 dorsal & 3 anal, 9 gill raker teeth on first gill fairly long.

Opinions on pedigree? Look green sunfishy, but if they are those 8" and 8.5" fish are on their way to being good sized GSF if they are purebreds.

Edit: I'm having a terrible time keeping from shaking while taking the pictures. It is not an attempt at cool special effects as it seems.

Also notice the difference in mouth gapes of these fish from my main pond and the gapes of the ones I listed a few posts up. Those fish are all from my old pond and are likely old school fish from a farm pond some 40 years old or older. This difference in mouth gape leads me to believe these are hybrids, although they show all the telltale signs of pure GSF.

Attached Images
IMGA1548.JPG IMGA1548.JPG IMGA1552.JPG IMGA1553.JPG IMGA1554.JPG IMGA1555.JPG
Last edited by snrub; 08/06/15 09:29 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine