Originally Posted By: snrub
Why is it I always think of this stuff AFTER I throw the fish back in the water????

I did notice that the fish in the picture had very white fin tips and belly. That kind of struck me as being different than the the GSF that come out of my old pond (which would have been GSF from local sources likely in the pond for many, many years). But lo and behold, I went back and looked at some of my other pictures and there were white fin tips in some of those fish too.

I'm going out fishing and see if I can catch that little bugger again. Funny, last night I either caught it twice, or caught another fish that looked almost identical within a few minutes apart. Only GSF looking fish I have caught there.

Thanks for the links.

If a muskie is the fish of 10,000 casts, then the GSF is the fish of 10 seconds of casting. I'm betting it was a different fish.

That gill raker thing is a complete dilemma to me . Check out the descriptions..."short and thick", and "moderately long" Well that certainly appears highly objective. An actual measurement would be helpful.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.