Update...

I have drained the pond 3 times only to have Mother Nature fill it back up. The muck is crazy thick. Placing a pump in the deepest part I sunk up to my knees in muck and got stuck. Had have someone pull me out with a rope tied around my knee. Have to place pallets to walk on to get work done. And they float when the pond fills up.

Now to the even more frustrating thing. I have called 6 contractors trying to find someone to fix my pond. 1 said I was to far. 2 never returned my phone call. 1 met with me but have yet to provide an estimate. Each time I call he says call me back in a week. 1 showed up to look at it two days later than he said he would. Then rescheduled and never showed up and won't return my calls. My last ditch effort I talked to a customer who builds basements. He said his machine operator could do it. I called him and he didn't show up during our planned time. I talked to my customer again and low and behold I promptly got a phone call and he is supposed to look at my pond this weekend.