Well I still cant figure out how to post pictures.I am using Photobucket and each picture says it is greater than 2MB.
Our pond was finished in May 2015.The pond is 3.1 acres according to acme planimeter app for smartphone.I have about 1.2 acres that are between 9' and 18' deep.The remainder of the pond is 6' or less including three coves.I stocked 5lbs of GSH and 12lbs of Rosy Red FHM on June 9th and noticed fry from both on July 5th.Looks like the spawn is on!
My original plan was to stock BG and RES this fall and then stock LMB and HSB next spring.Sparkplug warned against giving the BG too much of a head start before stocking LMB. I know " it all depends" but should I wait and stock BG at the same time as my LMB and HSB? I have lots of shallow areas that would provide plenty of structure for BG recruitment.I just want to be cautious.
My goals are to have a well balanced fishery with plenty of filet sized bluegill and maybe a few bass in the 3lb to 4lb range.My FIL used to fly fish allot and would like to teach my boys how to throw a fly.Thanks in advance! Troy

Last edited by tubguy; 08/30/15 07:44 PM.