Greetings from Colorado!! This morning l am struggling to divert my attention from Colorado mountain trout back to Texas bass LOL.

I am very pleased with the naming suggestions. Thank you PB for your thoughts. Here are my thoughts so far:

Maybe it is best to avoid coloration pattern as a basis for naming, because differences in water quality, clarity, and diet can influence appearance. Although we do plan to experiment with breeding the bluegreen spot into a high percentage of offspring, there is a lot to learn. If we breed only fish with the signature spot, what percentage of offspring will exhibit this trait? What is the genetic mechanism for passing on this spot? Should we even bother to use the spot to select broodfish? Also, as for the golden color, all bass fry that I have seen from these genetics are golden in color, and the gold persists to some degree as the fish grow. As far as I can tell, this gold coloration makes the fry and small fingerling bass very difficult to spot from above, and so may serve as natural camouflage. Also, in addition, the extensive and unique mottling pattern on the back is indicative of Florida bass, in my experience.

I do like X-Calibur Bass a lot but yes feel the need to divest completely from the camelot theme. Also we like the "Cannabelle Bass" or "Cannibal Bass" theme a lot.

I do believe we may have something with "Legacy Bass". Also, if and when we implement a lunker fingerling program again, these fish could be called "Legacy Lunker Bass". The name insinuates that these fish have a story, a history, and have been preserved and handed down from past. The name invites the question "what legacy?", which provides us the opportunity to tell the story of the heritage of these fish. I also really like the sound of "Golden Legacy Bass," but may wish to keep it more simple and forego coloration as basis for naming. However I am tempted, because this use of the word Golden could imply coloration as well as rank. After all, these proven genetics merit a gold medal for growth potential and overall performance.

I appreciate the input very much, and am glad to have PB participation in this effort to give our fish a proper name. There is plenty of time to decide so please continue to provide ideas.

It's ALL about the fish!