Originally Posted By: bowfishersmith
It has been a pretty frustrating few weeks. We had a lot of rain this spring and early summer, which filled up our new pond pretty quick. Once the rain stopped and the water leveled out we have found some pretty severe leaks. I know some of it could be normal but I have at least two spots that are running like a water hose out of the side of the dam. I have food plots that are getting flooded out because of all of the leakage. It has now dropped 10-12" in a weeks time. The contractor is going to do what he can to take care of it, he is a great guy and very reputable in our area. But it just frustrates me! But big deal...life is good! I hate to complain about a water leak.
I also put my heart and soul into our pond build, I still have nightmares of it being empty from a leak. I hope that you can get the leak resolved quick and cheap. There are,new products out there that I would try before I drained it. Best of luck!

Edit: In looking back over your dam build I see no photos of a core trench and no compacting rollers? Did the contractor core trench the dams? Did you have clay soil? Did you compact?

Edit#2: I do see a compacting roller but still no photos of a core trench.

Last edited by ToddM; 07/27/15 04:16 PM.