Hey there been reading and learning alot on here. I need some help. I made a big mistake in my new pond. Here are my stats of the pond. I bought 800 bluegill and redear and fatheads stocked on Feb. 12 this year. Then on June 8 i got 50 bass put in. I live in the delta area of ms and we have farmers irrigating their crops and it's been so dry the water has been going down. Well alot of that water drains right by my pond and looks clean and don't kill the minnows in it and it winds up in the river. So I said I'm gonna pump that water into my pond and raise the level up. We'll I pumped it with a 190 gpm trash pump for 6 an half hours and it rose about 3 inches. 4 days later I lost 425 bluegill and 41 bass and maybe 300 to 400 fatheads. That water had to have a pesticide on it. Also had this nasty mold for up and it stunk really bad. Got it all out.

My question is my dad has a 5 acre pond and was wondering if I should trap bluegill out of it and put them in my pond to replenish what I lost. I will buy the bass though. What are ur opinions. I knew I shouldn't take that chance with the water but did anyway and it cost me.

Last edited by eaton30; 07/23/15 01:09 PM.