I'm calling it full.. I took a few pics from the east side just scanning around the pond. It's only an inch or two from the overflow pipe, so it looks full to me.
I just wanted to take this time to say thanks to a few people.
First, Scott (esshup) he came in during construction with some good advice on habitat, construction, and fish selection. Then there's Rex (Rainman) he's cleared the water, and brought in the FHM, GS, RES, and YP. Plus he's given me a ton of advice. Also TJ, phone calls have been very helpful and keeping me on the right track. I've even had Bob Lusk on the phone once. It's been somewhat if an ordeal to get it to this stage, and I know there's still much much more to do. I just can't thank you guys enough..
The water is on the browner side due to a lot of recent runoff. We had another inch of very heavy rain a few hours before I took these pics. Just have to work out, plantings, aeration, additional fish species, water quality, and potential leaks..

South (shallow) end.

West side.

North end (dam)

The pipe.. It'll be going out the pipe on the next rain. I got a crazy few weeks in front of me, so I doubt I'll be there. It's within a few inches of going into the pipe now, so I'm calling it full. Hopefully it won't be dropping too fast..

We broke ground on Aug 1st. Just shy of 12 months ago. Scott was there on my 60th birthday watching the bats come in when the sun was setting.

Last edited by SetterGuy; 07/13/15 06:58 AM.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023