Originally Posted By: Bill D.
I am having a great time feeding the fish their snack every evening. When I walk up to the pond I see fish coming from everywhere when they see me. Looks like a mini wave pool as the CC come in. Think I may start heading down there in the morning with my first cup of Joe in hand to toss a few pellets. Great way to start the day I'm thinking. My thought is I need to feed more areas but would like some inputs on that. I tossed a few handfuls in previously unfed areas tonight and right away SF came up to feed.

This is my opinion only and is unsubstanciated by research or facts. So take it for what it costs you.

I think if a person is feeding for trophys then concentrating the feeding position will let the most aggressive fish get most of the feed and benefit from the competition of the other fish.

If a person is feeding for overall general growth of the fish population, including the forage fish that feed the larger fish, I think feeding over a broader area (I feed all along the shore line and spread the feeding area out) will result in a more general growth of the general fish population instead of the feed benefiting a smaller more targeted big fish group. Also adding a small portion (maybe up to 30%) of feed that sinks allows some of the more timid fish to reach the feed. At least that has been my observation.

Nothing backing up this opinion other than my observations.

Forgive my spelling for the next few weeks. I can't for the life of me figure out how to make the spell checker show me corrected spelling on this Tab.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine