After a fitful night's rest despite the comfortable bed (too excited), I woke the boys up at 6 so they could start making me my bacon & eggs before Nate showed up. It was my party, after all. Nate rolled up right on time and gave me a lift over to their place in his pickup. On the way over, he filled me in on his plans for the Goose Ranch and what his overall goals were for the place. I thought it was pretty good already, but let me tell you, if Nate can accomplish even half the fishery he has planned, it's still going to be one of the best in the country. If everything works out just the way he wants...look out.

When we rounded the last bend I got my first look at Norris Lake. It's an old coal washing retention lake built on top of a hill. It's about 25 surface acres and up to 50 feet deep. We were greeted by Noah and Chad Herman, who'd already been up for a couple hours catching small bluegill by the dozen to use as bait.
We tied on a few select lures up at the house and then headed down to the dock.

I want to pause here and take a second to appreciate the hospitality of Nate Herman and his family. I'd previously only 'met' Nate through the Pond Boss Forums, and here we were, me, my brothers, and Tim, standing in his parent's house at Norris Lake, about to have the best fishing day of our lives and certainly a bachelor party we'll never forget. Amazing.

Last edited by Bocomo; 07/04/15 12:46 AM.