I wasn't aware it is illegal to transport Channel Catfish. I have a fishing license, and he was legal sized. If it makes any difference, he swam all the way home. smile
I am just looking for the grandkids to be able to catch a catfish on a Saturday morning when they are staying at me house.
The 4# cat is doing well, but he is not making a dent in my FHMs. They have spawned at least twice and clouds of the fry are around when I feed. I feed floating pellets. I was hoping to catch a few more legal sized and put them in so we would have a few "trophy" catfish for the kids to catch, but i will hold off on that until I determine if it is legal or not.
I bought my fish from Overtons, they are a great place to buy fish and fairly close to us. I bought 40 channel cats (CC) and put them in. In the bag, I thought, no way that is 40 catfish. I counted them when I put them in the pond, I was right, it was 43 catfish. I have found two dead catfish, (weeks after putting them in) all the others appear to be doing well.
Thanks for all the information on the site, learning a lot.
BB