Sorry Ozark, I just saw you addressed some questions to me I didn't answer - I haven't checked this post in quite some time I've been traveling. Looks like you got them resolved though - great direction by Cody and Rockville.

For anyone interested in establishing forage base comprised of SFS, LCS, BKF, etc. - since they are not commonly available and so expensive, I encourage them to raise in forage cells which act as reproduction and grow out sanctuaries. I would collect offspring every year and leave plenty of brood fish in the cell to continue reproduction and stock the fish collected. If one continues this reproduction/stocking program annually one stands a better chance of getting the forage base established.

If you have a pond devoid of any predator fish, stocking the limited number of brood fish and allowing them a couple seasons to establish seems to be a good course of action, too.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]