Originally Posted By: Shelby County
Nice looking set up, George! Give us a ballpark figure on how much you have invested in the project. Also, could it power a deep diffuser at about 12 ft?
Thanks, Shelby County( Tom Sterling ).

Tom, not including the Kasco 12v, 1/4hp surface aerator, which you will have to negotiate with your supplier, my "ballpark" cost for solar system only was somewhere around $500.00 - $600.00 bucks.

My solar system is a clone of Brian's (Highflyer) solar surface aerator. All components except battery were sourced by him - I am not at liberty to divulge this information. It is a DIY project and Brian provided all harness cable expense.

A good sealed deep cycle, heavy grade, 100hr marine battery was my most expensive item - a little over $200.00 but I am a good negotiator..

Two 100 watt solar panels including shipping cost was around $250.00 if can find them. Controller, timer and relay were very inexpensive.

I would place a maximum depth of about 8 ft on this system, which Kasco limits to a water body of about 1/3 acre.

Really a neat little solar system for my needs - thanks to Brian!
Very interesting affordable prfoject to meet my needs.

George

Last edited by george1; 06/24/15 03:59 PM. Reason: Upped cost estimate due to stuff on hand.

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)