Originally Posted By: esshup
Originally Posted By: JKB
Ya know Scott. If your well went in as planned, your Whoo Hoo!!!!! would have been "I just saved a pile on electricity" wink

That's true. I was planning on running the well 24/7 to get the pond level up before Fatih and Keith arrived.

Looks good! That's a double Whoo Hoo if ya didn't have to run the well all that time for the guy's visit.

A few days ago I saw a power company line truck buzz down the road and it had this huge auger attachment on it for poking power poles in the ground. Thinking back, our line truck has an auger attachment.

Inquired with the boss to verify and specifics. Yep, can drill an 18" dia x 16' deep hole pretty quick. I started to mention "water table" and dropping a large pipe down... Yep, do that all the time. If you want a larger dia hole, can get rental augers to 30", but only have 18" on the truck.

The farm up north we did all this fancy control stuff for, their water supply for the op. comes from a 12" dia PVC pipe that was drilled into the water table and only has a tethered sump pump in the bottom.

16' down, it's pretty wet around here.