From other people's experiences along with my own, the trespassers in my neck of the woods have usually been teenagers or young adults. Often, it's a temporary thing, for they usually grow up and move on to bigger and better things in life.

If an older, serial trespasser IS encountered, that too is likely a temporary thing, because such a person is likely mentally inept, or too stupid to remain a free member of society.

I would also hazard a guess that the vast majority of vandalism perpetrated on vacant property is done so by teenagers .............. Especially drunken teenagers.

With 30 acres, once a full time resident along with a couple of good dogs is known to be onsite no one in their right mind is likely to trespass over a fence. There is no perfect solution for securing a vacant property, but getting to know some of the neighbors is a good start. Most landowners share the common interest of having their private property respected. If it appears that you're surrounded by idiots, sell immediately.