Originally Posted By: RAH
I volunteered my land for the wetland mitigation (gave up development rights forever). Instead of accepting money, I asked them to build me a second wetland. I designed the one that was not part of the mitigation and it does not leak and is beautiful. I did not pay for the high cost of the mitigation wetland, but we all pay in our taxes. I am very happy with my decision, but even though I did not pay for the mitigation wetland, and am grateful to have it, the cost was crazy high. They would have spent the money no matter where it was located, so I have no guilt for accepting it. I would do it again in a heartbeat, but that does not mean that I do not find the excesses crazy. If you are ever going to be west of Indy, let me know if you want to visit (just not between Oct 1 and the first week of January). I am an obsessed deer hunter.

In my opinion, that took courage. I don't think I could do that, asking them to come onto my property. I have nothing to hide, but would be afraid that once I invited them, I would be powerless to get rid of them....sorta' like vampires in the movies. wink

Appreciate the gracious invite, and would be pleased to visit for a spell!

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.