The prohibition act? The assault rifle ban? Seriously??

Let's look beyond the original apathy that allowed one of these things passed, and look at what got the latter modified to a delay on only foreign imports of military surplus being banned.

The first, after the apathetic thought that "they" won't really enforce it made "average" people realize just how wrong they were; then the "thug style" enforcement caused the deaths of ten's of thousands of people, private citizen and LEO's, an explosion of organized crime, and especially politicians being killed caused the repeal. It was NOT some sort of epiphany that made politicians realize they'd made a mistake, it was the common person being persecuted and fighting back that caused it.

It was the immediate explosion of assault rifle sales and hording of ammunition (which continues) that made/makes politicians and policy makers realize the same thing would happen if the ban wanted by the anti-gun zealots were to get passed, and enforced.

Any of us can choose the apathetic view of, Oh, it won't effect me", and as long as it doesn't, we can pat ourselves on the back thinking we were right. And if one day someone comes to your door, or you receive that certified letter saying your property is now off limits because of an environmental violation, we can be thankful you didn't rock the boat and only lost our property, and never had to waste a moments thought on preventing it.

Heck, I think I'll drop all my insurance policies that are federally mandated, my business licenses that are required, the 20 or so state permits I need to do business... while I'm at it, I should stop paying my taxes also...I'm too little for them to look at.....

Last edited by Rainman; 06/01/15 01:09 AM.