Originally Posted By: redclay
esshup, that looks like a LOT of work, from the dimensions of your pond, it is close to 2 acres...how long did it take you?

how deep is it?

fish n chips, what is the name of the book?

Currently it's a bit over 5/8 acre because it's approximately 48" low due to low groundwater levels. When full it's slightly over an acre.

It was dug down to 22' depth, then Hurricane Ike came by not 2 weeks after it was completed, dumping 12" of rain in <24 hrs. That washed about 3' of dirt back into the pond.

We had some significant rainfall during the renovation, and we trucked approx. 2,000 cu. yd. to my parents place which is 7 miles away, so that took some time too. We didn't work at it 8 hr a day, it was worked on during the weekends and after work. It took from May until the middle to the end of August to complete. I think we lost a few weeks to machinery breakdowns.

I would fire up the 3" semi-trash pump at 5 am, we'd start digging around 3-4 pm and work 'till about dark. I'd shut the pump off then, and fire it up again in the morning. There was about a week where we needed 2 pumps because of the rain.

All the dirt was spread out around the property, so that took a lot of time too.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).