Fatih and Keith's The Blind Leading The Blind Adventure begins!

Hey everyone!

For those who don't know, my name is Fatih and I am from Turkey. I started a thread about 2 months ago called "Alone in the USA for 45 days", which explains why I am coming here and how this all started.

Here: http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=402680&page=1

If you have comments about the trip please post them on "Alone in The USA for 45 days" so we can keep this one for pictures, updates and stories during our travels.

Lovnlivin (Keith) from Lincoln, NE asked to join me. At first i thought "No one can keep up with my tempo as i will have infinite excitement and never want to rest. And i don't want to let someone else to decide anything for my trip". But then i saw all my worries were unnecessary. Keith has done nothing but help. And i will be saving at least 3-4 grands with his contributions(cheaper car rental, no gear i need to buy, sharing all the expenses).

He always let me decide what to do and not do and never put his thoughts to manipulate anything.

After a lot of planning, talking, changing plans, and talking some more, we will start our ultimate fishing adventure with me flying to NY from Turkey on June 1st and meeting Keith (lovnlivin) in Georgia on June 10th.

Since many of you have followed this and are interested in our adventure, this thread will be our way of keeping you up to date during our travels.

I have also brought along a lot of video equipment to make this adventure into a documentary for the people in my country and hopefully in the USA also.

Here's a schedule of what we have planned over the next 45 days.

June 1st – Fatih will fly into New York and travel to NC to stay a few days with his family.

June 6h - Fatih fishing with a friend at Ware Shoals, SC.

June 6th - Keith arrives in Nashville, TN from Lincoln, NE

June 7th - 9th - Fatih meets with Basslover for some bass and catfishing near Atlanta, GA

June 7th – 9th Keith meets with Yolksac in Nashville for a get together and dinner, and hopefully do some Striper fishing on Percy Priest Lake in TN.

June 10th – Fatih and Keith meet in Atlanta GA and start heading towards Tavernier FL in the Keys.

June 12th – Florida Keys fishing charter with Capt. Ryan fishing the wrecks, reefs and wherever else he takes us!

June 14th – 2-part Fishing charter with Capt. Thadeus for Peacock Bass in the canals near Miami the first half of the day, then we fish the Everglades the second half.

June 15th – 18th – We’re renting a houseboat for 4 days/3 nights on the St. Johns River near Jacksonville, FL and towing along a bass boat for daytime fishing.

June 18th - Meet with Bobby Rice near St. Augustine, FL for some pond fishing and fish fry!

June 19th – Arrive in Pensacola, FL and spending the day fishing and exploring.

June 20th – We’ll be treated to a fishing charter in Pensacola by a forum member Fatih met on a Florida fishing forum.

June 22nd – Renting a Jon boat to fish and explore the Atchafalaya swamp river basin near Henderson, LA (yupp, with the gators! smile )

June 23rd – 25th Meet and fish with Fireishot (Al) in E. Texas, meet with Dave Davidson and possibly Bob Lusk if he's in the area.

June 25th - Guided Striper trip on Lake Texoma (hopefully)

June 27th – 28th – Meeting CMM in Windsor, MO for some fishing and fun! Rainman will join us if he can.

June 28/29 Meet Rainman (if he's in the area) as we travel through St. Louis, MO

June 29th or 30th – July 5th – Meet with Esshup in IN and we'll be staying at his lake house and taking some time to fish and relax after a lot of driving! Scott has other plans for us as well and possibly hooking us up with a friend of his for a guided Muskie trip.

Also during this time we'll meet with Bob-O, Cecil and Bill Cody before heading to Grand Haven, MI

July 6th - Meet with JKB who will show us around and prepare us for the charter on Lake Michigan.

July 7th – Fishing charter on Lake Michigan compliments of JKB, including Scott, fish n chips, Matt Rayl, Keith and myself.

July 9th – Muskie Fishing charter on Lake St. Claire near Detroit with JKB, Scott, Keith and myself, compliments of Keith and myself for everything Scott and JKB have done for us!

July 11th – Keith heads home from Detroit, MI.

July 13-15th Fatih will make his way back to Turkey

We will try to give daily updates and hopefully share photos of a lot of incredible places, people and fish!!!

And thank you so much to all the Pond Boss members who have done so much to help us make this happen! We couldn't have done this without you and your support!

Fatih (and Keith)

Last edited by Fatih; 05/30/15 04:26 PM.