Originally Posted By: Rainman
Here is the $$$ motive involved, (and okay, it won't fund a modest country)...2012 was the latest info I could find. The EPA targets "violators" that have the deep pockets to pay for projects they can not get appropriations for through congress.

Of Particular note was Durham Bus company, fined 90,000 in penalties and $348,000 in "projects" for idling diesel bus engines too long. An EPA field agent "noticed" engines idling for up to 2 hours!!! My guess, since it was in Connecticut, it was the dead of winter also. Heaven forbid a diesel engine be warmed up so it can function with children on board...not to mention keep those kids warm.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/epa-levied-record-252-million-fines-2012

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/epa-levi...-bus-contractor

Right there...in my opinion that's where the money will come from should this thing ever get any traction. Not from Tony, and his five ponds in Indiana. There are hundreds of thousands of small, private ponds across the country, and no current means to investigate them all, determine whether or not they are in compliance, and/or do followup visits to ensure compliance.

Bigger, highly visible concerns? Possibly. Backyard pond? I just don't see it. Could they put together a system, given enough time and resources? Probably. But by the time they get done in court, get the funding sorted out, stretch it out through numerous administrations, hire and train all the manpower, and hit the ground and eventually find my five ponds, If I'm even still around I will be of an age that it won't matter anyway.

Rex, I respect your opinion. I know you are convinced that dark days lie ahead, but can you tell me how this is going to go down? It's been my experience that in situations like this some folks are absolutely positive that danger is coming, yet when pressed for details they can't supply any. Is it a gut feeling, or do you know their game plan?

I know that some will operate on feeling, or belief, or faith, and I will honor their wish to do so. But I'm just not much on faith these days, preferring hard facts instead. Something tangible, something seen, felt, heard. Show me the money, as they say. Follow the money.

I both appreciate, and admire the strength of your convictions, Rex. I appreciate the courtesy you have extended to me during this discussion, and hope you feel that I have reciprocated in kind. Hope we can meet up, someday.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.