Purchased in large part on the basis of information found here at Pond Boss.

Gast 5023 rotary vane compressor. (Bought from a septic supply place but it came with no electric cord. I had a spare I had cut off some piece of equipment and was able to get it wired up and running)

1/4 inch NPT fittings to allow me to connect a low pressure air pressure gauge to the outflow I'm thinking about a gauge that goes up to about 15 psi?

110 feet of 3/4 inch black tubing to the pond.

100 feet of weighted 5/8 tubing to run out in the pond.

Vertex XL2 Shallow water diffuser.

Homemade manifold at the ponds edge with three 1/2 inch valves. One for the main diffuser to be put in at 7-8 feet depth. One for a possible winter-time very shallow diffuser. One more in case I need to bleed off some pressure to keep the compressor happy. If I don't need it, I don't have to use it and it only cost me a couple dollars. or maybe I'll put in another XL2SW someday.

The pond is in central Ohio about 8.5-9 ft deep at the deepest point. It is triangular shaped and covers about .88 surface acres. Average depth - somewhere between 6-4 feet maybe? Total investment in the aeration system and all the fittings and clamps somewhere shy of $800. It has some FA and LOTS of curly leafed pond weed. Stocked over two years ago with about 25 CC, 75 LMB 350 BG 150 RES and 6 GC - all are growing. Mainly want some aeration to remove some of the nutrients and to dissolve the pond muck at the bottom. Not sure if it will help at all with the CLPW. The pond is about 3 years old and can drop close to 2 feet in dry summers ( like last year)

Curious thing about the Vertex XL2SW - the specs say the the only difference between it and the deeper water XL2 is that the diffuser disks are CLOSER together on the shallow water version. Why would they be closer? I thought that the deep water air column would naturally be wider the deeper the diffuser was sunk. Why would a shallow water diffuser have the disks closer together? I thought they would be further apart! In any case that is what I got. If the system runs with very little back pressure I'm thinking that I might just get by with the one diffuser and move it closer to the shoreline for the winter months. I'd be interested in any comments. I have about half the system in and am expecting the rest by next week. I'll post pics when finished if I can figure out how to do that.

I'm more like a pond servant.