Thank you, Scott!

Originally Posted By: esshup
I usually carry waterproof matches in a small waterproof container, plus I bought a number of mini-torches a while ago and keep one in my backpack when hunting. Not quite the same, but something like this:
mini-torch
I have one of these I can bring along with some waterproof matches: http://www.amazon.com/Culinary-Torch-Lig...nson+mini+torch

For a water filter, I have this:
Katadyn Hiker Pro
We'll be pretty mobile so hopefully having a water cooler/jug with us will suffice. But again, one never knows and those things are pretty cool!

Never used it, but I have it just in case.......

Fatih, there's ladies on here too. Maybe not a lot, but a few. Would a condiment bottle filled with water work?
condiment bottle
(I'm still up for the toilet paper or tissue idea smile )

Keith, you could always have the item shipped to one of your stops on your trip? You know your schedule pretty well, and probably have (or can get) addresses for where you will be at.
The good thing is that we'll not be in any given place for more than a day or two so we'll be able to pick up things along the way.

Fold-up camper chairs are packed, right? For silverware, a spork and a knife is minimalist. I usually have a knife in my pocket.
spork choices
Bag chairs packed! Pocket knife, CHECK, Plastic silverware or camping kit CHECK

I have one or two coleman stoves, but to heat something one of these takes up minimal space. But then, you need something to hold water. mini stove
When camping, I'm trying to plan for cleaning and cooking our catch. And a small stove and skillet would be much more convenient that a camp fire! And if all else fails?,,,,,, SUSHI smile

A friend has one of those refigerators or coolers that he plugs into the car and that keeps everything cool. That's a more cost effective long term instead of buying ice all the time.
12v coolers
That would certainly be handy for as hot as it will get in the car, but I don't have one and they're a little pricey at this point.

If the car rental places didn't forbid it, I would have considered a small enclosed trailer!

A little different trying to pack for 5 weeks on the road!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES