When I first started my pond, I was building levees with my little 29hp tractor. I wasn't happy with the appearance of the levee. It looked square, with steep sides. I wanted it gently rounded, with a flat top. I got on top of the 24" high levee, and ran my disk harrow down the square edge to round it off. Well, the dirt was very dry and powdery, and when I rode too close to the edge, it gave way. The tractor bucked violently, and threw me right off. I rolled away from the tractor lightning fast, because I got visions of it disking me into 8 equal length pieces. I ran it down and got back on, because I've always heard that's what you were supposed to do. Well, it wasn't 15 minutes until I got bucked off again! This time it bruised and skint my shoulder pretty badly. I went straight back to the tractor shed and re-activated my seat switch, and buckled my seat belt. Naturally, I worked for hours and the levee never collapsed again. That was 4 years ago. I was young and stupid then. \:D

"If you're a horse, and someone gets on you and falls off, and then gets right back on you, I think you should buck him off right away."