For the last 23 years of my life (or since I turned 10) I have been involved in building and driving demolition derby cars. However this is not on my stupid stunt list but a story invloving a derby car is. One day after bringing home a 75 Bonneville I parked my truck and car trailer in front of the shed and unhooked my load chains. The car didn't run but the brakes did work. Usually when I got a car like this I would open the drivers door and push against the door post and roll the car backwards off the trailer hopping in the drivers seat just as the back wheels clear the peak between the trailer and the ramps and apply the brakes for a nice slow coast off the trailer. On this particular car I was able to get the peak between the trailer and the ramps but then it would just stop and no matter how hard I pushed it wouldn't budge. I then got the bright idea to lurch the truck and trailer forward a litte bit to get the car over the peak then run back and hop in the car as it rolled off the ramps to apply brakes. :rolleyes: I put the truck in drive and gave the gas a tap. The derby car cleared the peak and started down the ramp. I hopped out of the truck and started to run back to the car. I got as far as the trailer hitch till I realized the truck was still in gear. I did a 180 turn and ran back to the open truck door. I got in and hit the brake just after the truck hit the shed door. I turned around to see my car heading backwards down the driveway (slight down slope)only to be stopped after hitting one of the Bradford Pears that line the driveway. The result of my idea was a smashed shed door, dented truck hood, gouge mark on the tree, and least of all a slightly bent bumper on the derby car. After this I bought a Allis D-19 with a front loader so now all cars are unloaded in a contolled manner.

Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?