Originally Posted By: JKB
Originally Posted By: Rainman
Originally Posted By: JKB
Human sewage never mixes well with anything.

A company not too far from here tried to make fertilizer of what came out of your butt after you ate a healthy burrito. Mildly successful at first, but it was just too gross for anyone to really get into.

They could not get rid of the stink, no matter what they tried.

A company out of Wisconsin sells people poop fertilizer that is supposed to be disinfected.

Life all starts, lives on, and ends with crap.....it's just the way it is in any ecosystem. You can't support an over abundance of people without getting an over abundance of crap....sooner or later, nature will flush the toilet when it's too full of crap....the EPA, like most governmental agencies does almost nothing useful with regulations, outside of making every aspect of life more difficult and costly. It wasn't the EPA that cleaned up the great lakes..it was an invasive zebra mussel...along with businesses finding ways to overcome regulatory costs and make a profit...

Fish farms generate fish waste, they are bad...we better kill all those fish thriving in the river off it also that create more waste...

Few corporate polluters actually MEET EPA guidelines/regulations...they simply buy credits and pay a fee to ignore them....

Zebra and Quaga are actually killing the great lakes. I know that some of the Salmon have been introduced to take care of another invasive, the Alewives, but the mussels are reportedly to cover the entire bottom of the lakes at this time, and the baitfish are getting thin due to lack of food, therefore impacts the larger fish.

Not a darn thing you can do about this.

IDK, the reports I have read show struggling species now thriving and the only "damage" from zebra mussel being utility installation related. Many a fish species bellies full of Zebras, lower pollutant concentrations in sediments and water column. I guess the "killing" is all in the eye of the beholder.

I'd also say the reports of the "entire bottom of the lakes being covered" is GROSSLY exaggerated...there just isn't enough food to grow THAT much, of anything. Nature/species has always thrived and declined all through it's existence...before man was here, and it will after/if we aren't. That is not saying anyone should indiscriminately pollute or there should be no regulation at all. It is saying many regulations cause more problems than they can ever correct.

Like the old saying goes...Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The EPA is seeking near absolute power, and has already tried to declare judicial restraints do not apply to the agency after the most recent Supreme Court rebuke of regulatory misapplications...that should scare most any reasonable person badly!

Last edited by Rainman; 05/27/15 04:36 PM.