Dumbest thing I can remember is after I had installed a pier section in the middle of the pond to attach a floating cage. The reason I had only one out there, and not the typical pier connected to the shore, was the pier sections were given to me and it's easiest to install them on the ice.

Anyway, to make a long story short I would get out there to feed the fish by boat. In this one instance I was fishing off the pier in late evening, and tied the boat to the pier and started fishing. At some point I realized the boat wasn't tied to the pier anymore (I was in the Air Force not the Navy) and I was stranded out there unless I wanted to take a swim to shore. I figured the wife would wonder why I hadn't come back in so I just kept fishing. Once the mosquitos started feasting on me, I decided it was time to get the wife's attention. I could see her through the front windows of our log home sitting at the computer. But no matter how much I flailed my arms I couldn't get her attention. And of course once it got dark that was futile anyway. Finally at some point after dark she came out with the dog for a walk and called for me. I asked her what took her so long and her reply was, " You're always out here longer than you say you are going to be, so I figured you were fine."

What's really dumb is I did this a second time. This time the wife wasn't home, but I did get my neighbor lady's attention by yelling to her as she checked her mailbox. She gave my boat a shove from shore as hard as she could (she's tiny), and it came right toward me, but about 5 feet before reaching me it stopped and blew back. I finally said the heck with it and took a swim to shore!

Dumbest thing I've ever done on my life is asking a guy with long blonde hair if he wanted to sit with the males friends I was with. I was voted to go up to the bar and ask some cute girls to come site with us. This was back when I was in college. I was so plastered he looked like a girl to me! When he said, "No I don't think so" I remember thinking, "oooh deep voice I'll bet she's a hot one. When I got back to my table my friends informed me I had just asked a guy to sit with us, and was I gay or something? When I looked back at him he didn't look like a girl anymore! I was so embarassed! I never went back to that bar again although they had some awesome bands.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.