DeWalts are great tools, and if I were only buying for myself might well choose that brand. But I can catch the Ryobi on sale usually pre-Christmas and buy the sets really cheap. We have had really good service from them. Around the farm we have probably in excess of $15,000 of Ryobi cordless and corded tools. One Christmas bought all employees the 6 piece ulitmate cordless set for their Christmas present for their home use.

6 piece combo tool kit

Ryobi is owned by the same company as Rigid. According to their rep from our area, Ryobi gets the Rigid technology a couple of years behind. Rigid is their premium brand and Ryobi is the consumer brand. Out of dozens of tools, we have returned a half dozen or so for warrantee work over the last five or six years. Turn around time is very slow for repairs, but the tools are cheap enough (especially when bought on sale) we just keep extras on hand. The impact drivers really get used and the half inch cordless impact wrenches are also used almost daily in the shop. Reciprocating saws and drills get used a lot too.

Impact wrench I see it is a three speed now. Ours are all only single speed. My mechanics better not see this...............

Ryobi rep likes us well enough he sent us a whole box of Ryobi T-shirts for the whole crew, some driver/drill kits and other assorted goodies.

Last edited by snrub; 05/25/15 12:01 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine