Okay, finally had a little break in the weather today. It stopped raining for about an hour. So the kids and I headed down to the pond to try our luck. It ended up being a positive experience to say the least. The kids ended up catching a GSF, which came in at 8 1/2 inches. Decided to keep it. I felt that it was on the thin side. Good looking GSF, just not much to it. Also, caught a couple nice BG and HBG. Put them back in the pond. Tomorrow, will start to put some on the stringer. Not sure what size to be keeping still. LOL. Also, caught a nice 12 1/2 in bass. Very happy to have caught it and measured. Below are picts of the bass. I'd like to get some of your .02 on it. If it looks good and proportionate or if its obvious that I need to up the food chain a little bit. Also, as we were walking around the pond, a LOT of bait fish up on the bank (which 2 days ago was grass) no its underwater. LOL. We've gotten a ton of rain the last 2-3 days. Anyway, not sure what it is. Thought it was a minnow at first, but if you look at the pic, its got some blue markings on it. So, of course I think of it as a BG. Again, I don't know so hopefully you veteran pond owners can enlighten me. Thanks for all the info and help. Jack

Attached Images
IMG_2607.JPG IMG_2611.JPG IMG_2606.JPG